Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Pink In Vermont

I have had the past weekend lingering on my mind and have wanted to post about it but I was overwhelmed. In shock almost. I didn't have the mental capacity to process the events that took place to write about it in a fashionable manner that got the exact message across. I needed a period to metabolize, analyze, dissect, and conclude. I almost implied the "scientific method" we learned in 5th grade it was that serious. Which then made me realize this was not just an ordinary "I went to 1OAK and it was dope and i had so much fun" sort of entries because those are littered throughout this blog like garbage along an interstate highway.  Instead I sifted through everything and tried to compose myself in hopes to articulate my misadventure the best way possible.

Oh another thing. I had a friend - not anymore - read an entry of my blog out loud to a couple friends in a mocking tone and  pointing out all my grammatical errors and what not. She said it needs to be like thisssss because the structure of my syntax is awkward and off (obviously she put it more simpler terms but i augmented her vocabulary for my own sake)  - so people understand. I shook my head. And was annoyed, just because your 8th grade English teacher told you this is how to write doesn't mean anything. Construct your own language and rhythm. Because language is very flexible and there is no one right way to use it. I don't write like its an essay I'm submitting to professor (I mean I do when I have to and boy what a drone that is) - but my style is more of a stream of conscious and as i type now you are getting a direct entry into my thought process. And the brain makes errors and i like it. Its raw. I'm not trying to sound "right" and I'm not even trying to sound "Real" because if i did that then I am too attached to my ego and it would be an obvious attempt to please the public - which for those who have followed - was never really my aim - if anything i upset quite a few people - but life isn't interesting if you don't stir the pot - in this case its more the cocktail - but anyways - If you don't get it or get flustered by my style then obviously you are swimming in the shallow end.

As always, I digress...back to the main topic

PINK.

So i came home from the city went straight to bed and caught up on some much needed sleep. Oh I lost my phone by the way. Anyone shocked? Didn't think so. I'm fucking over it. You know how people are "cool" and don't have a facebook? Maybe I'll be "cool" and not just have a phone. Avoid the hassle. Nah i need a phone. Anyways around 8 PM my friend invited me to Pink in Vermont - its a musical festival dedicated to deep house music. Next thing you know I threw a bunch of clothes in my trunk and booked it to Vermont.


I got there around 11 PM and met the rest of my friends and made a bunch of new ones. Everyone was so fucking chill and cool. This place was in the middle of nowhere. There was a huge cabin - cabin isn't even the right word - it was designed as one - but picture a cabin on steroids. It was huge. And beautiful. When you stepped oustide there was this huge open field and you were just surrounded by mountains.


We stayed up the whole night partying and then watched the sun rise. The music started around noon and it was some of the best DJs I have ever heard in my life. Like veterans. And picture yourself in this huge open field with a better sound system then most clubs and people just straight up partying.

It was very intimate. Only about 150 people and it was seriously a life changing experience. I'm so happy I went and got to hear such great music and meet so many cool people. It was like a never ending dream in such a beautiful atmosphere. My caliber of vocabulary does not suffice to describe this festival which is frustrating. I'm gonna be that asshole and say "you had to be there" I would divulge more into the idiosyncrasies of the events that took place but I would rather keep this experience some what intimate between those who attended.

I can't wait for next year. Here are some pictures.

"is this real life?"



Morning sunrise


Bla bla blaaast









The End.


I can't wait for next year.









No comments:

Post a Comment