Monday, August 6, 2012

La Zarza

I haven't updated in a hot second but this is noteworthy.

La Zarza last Saturday.

I didn't go out Saturday night till 4 AM. That's just how I do it. I went over to La Zarza for their secret after hours party I got invited to. I showed up and the place looked completely closed. I was really confused, I texted my buddy who was DJing and waited for my friend to show up. All of a sudden the side door opened and a couple of us shuffled in and they locked that shit up.

I go inside and there was about 40 people all of which I knew. It was a very in house vibe, everyone was friends, and knew each other so the vibe already was good. DJ Endo was spinning first - and by the way - he is my new favorite dj - sorry Nadav.

The first hour in was pretty chill but the party got crazy. It was the best after hours party I have ever been to, the music was unreal. Just when you thought it was dying down they brought it back up. I wish they recorded the entire set because it blew my mind. The party went to about 11 AM. It was the coolest party I have ever been to - I kept thinking people were outside walking their dogs and we were underground listening to some of the best deep house music I have ever heard.

The best quote of the night was from my friend Omar "You know what is weird? Everyone here is like ridiculously smart but party like monsters. Everyone i meet is brilliant"

I looked around and nodded my head, strange crowd, but he was dead on.

When Provoc opens back up they need to book DJ Endo!!!

By far best party i  went to this summer or ever actually.

7 comments:

  1. Sounds awesome...Use to love La Zarza on Monday's

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah it was very very cool i hope they do it again in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a smart idea to write about an after hours... they wont do any more probably thanks to this.. jeez bro ..

    ReplyDelete
  4. i write about after hour parties all the time so tighten up and do a little research before you leave a coward anonymous comment like a little bitch. if you cant put a name to what you say you pretty much didn't say anything at all. get off my site and go complain on yelp

    ReplyDelete
  5. So u delete only the comments that make you look bad
    What a loser with a page with no followers

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha then stop reading my site and commenting! Problem solved

    ReplyDelete